INGREDIENTS ARE FOUND TO BE BENEFICIAL FOR THE FOLLOWING AILMENTS:
- UV-induced oxidative stress
- Adaptation to darkness and better vision in low-light conditions
REPORTED PROPERTIES OF INGREDIENTS:
Black Currant extract showed a dose-dependant effect on lowering the dark adaptation threshold. Black currant anthocyanins accelerate the regeneration of rhodopsin (visual purple), enabling better vision in low-light conditions. Black currant anthocyanins produce sustained and progressive relaxation of bovine myopic ciliary muscle and could be used for the prevention of myopia.
Green tea contains the highest concentration of powerful antioxidants - polyphenols. They can neutralize free radicals and may reduce or even help prevent some of the damage they cause. One cup of Green tea can provide the same potential for improving antioxidant status as around 150 mg of pure vitamin C.
Green tea polyphenols may protect against glaucoma and other common eye diseases, the effects of Green tea polyphenols in reducing harmful oxidative stress in the eye effective for up to 20 hours after intake.
Vitamin C is known antioxidant, which is responsible in stabilizing free radicals. It has been studied to lower the development of cataracts.
- Risk groups for developing myopia:
- computer users (especially at banks, companies, factories, learning facilities);
- factory workers (especially working with products which require visual attention, or dealing with small particles);
- learning individuals (universities, colleges); book-lovers; people working with a lot of documents
- Car drivers (especially working night-time)
- Individuals with symptoms of weakening eye-sight
- Elder people
- Healthy individuals, as a preventive measure against eye-related illnesses